Friday, January 30, 2009

Jacksonville Beach, FL
January 1, 2009



I dedicate this blog entry to a wonderful friend of mine.



In the last 10 days, I've had a few unforgetable moments. One of them was at The Eagles concert, while they sang the song posted below.



There are a few people you meet in life who show you that not only are they there for you, but you can be there for them. It is in knowing, among other things, that I've been there for a few people, who've been there for me also, that continues to show me my life has purpose.



Kitteh, I dedicate this song to you. You know who you are!



Nobody on the road

Nobody on the beach

I feel it in the air

The summer's out of reach

Empty lake, empty streets

The sun goes down alone

I'm drivin' by your house

Though I know you're not home


I can see you, your brown skin shinin' in the sun

You got your hair combed back

And your sunglasses on, baby

I can tell you my love for you will still be strong

after the boys of summer have gone


I never will forget those nights, I wonder if it was a dream

Remember how you made me crazy?

Remember how I made you scream?

Now I don't understand what's happened to our love

But baby, I'm gonna get you back

I'm gonna show you what I'm made of


I can see you, your brown skin shinin' in the sun

I see you walkin' real slow and you're smilin' at everyone

I can tell you my love for you will still be strong

After the boys of summer have gone


Out on the road today, I saw a deadhead sticker on a cadillac

A little voice inside my head said "don't look back, you can never look back"

I thought I knew what love was, what did I know?

Those days are gone forever, I should just let them go but


I can see you, your brown skin shinin' in the sun

You got that top pulled down and that radio on baby

And I can tell you my love for you will still be strong

After the boys of summer have gone


Don Henley, "Boys of Summer"


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I feel like this isn't enough, but thank you so much! :) That ocean pic is beautiful too!