When I started this Blog, I had so much to say. My mind was like a "reservoir" and I wanted to share thoughts with the world, and my readers....the few that I have (ha)! But, instead of writing about my thoughts or what's been happening in my life, I've been living my life and too busy to share. I hope I haven't kept anyone in suspense too long, but here's a bit of what I've been up to, followed by some ways in which I saw God's involvement in recent months....
1. I changed jobs/careers.
2. I have traveled around the east coast of the state of Florida from Jacksonville to Melbourne to Orlando, and back around a few times. I've also had 1 of 2 trips this summer to Virginia Beach to visit family.
3. I've made three new canine friends who are now part of my extended family.
4. I finally made the necessary financial decisions regarding some investments I took away from my former employer.
5. I learned the meaning of "true friendship" - again - and that friendship can be found in some of the least expected places and with some of the least expected people...and pets.
6. I saw my nephew off to his first day of kindergarten.
7. I saw my niece turn 1 years old.
8. I learned that I will never be able to control how people interpret what I say or do, or how people perceive me, despite my extreme efforts to project my positivity and caring nature. No matter how nice you are or how much you try, you can't make someone be something they aren't or cure something they have within themselves. Only God can save them.
9. I have a renewed heart and outlook on "love." (whatever that means?!?!)
10. I learned the importance of weekends - they are the mini-vacation we sometimes need at the end of the week.
God is always at work in our lives, and I started noticing that several years ago but didn't put it into practice until this year. With the changes I faced, I put my faith in God and he proved himself to me. He always knows what he's doing, even if we don't know what we're doing or where we're going. When I changed jobs, I prayed that God would open the right doors at the right times to show me where I needed to be. He surprised me and blessed me in a matter of days. Yes - he still moves those mountains! God kept me safe through all of my travels, and brought me the most unexpected blessings in the form of making new friends through celebrating a family event and showing me how much time can change someoone. He showed me that pet sitting isn't just about making some extra money on the side - it's about friendship, character and companionship for me and for those I care for. God showed me that although it's not healthy to focus on money or greed, it is healthy to plan for our futures and retirements by making important financial decisions, no matter the sacrifices they require, and to be careful whom we trust to assist us with those decisions. I've always thought it was important to have friends, and God tested me a few times this year. But, most recently, he showed me that some doors are never fully closed and that it's okay to rethink the meaning of friendship, and it's okay to admit that you may have been wrong about someone....whether for better or for worse. It's hardest when you were wrong for the worse, but that is how God shows you that HE is still there even when someone else isn't. In the ongoing family situations I've dealt with over the last seven years, I've finally seen a "light at the end of the tunnel" this year through my nephew and my niece....a light that I thought had been turned out and may never work again. Like I said...God always knows what he's doing! God is still teaching me lessons in learning why people act the way they do, and how some people may never have the manners or the cooth that others do, but that we should try to accept them and respect them despite that. God continues to challenge me daily with this, and I continue to pray for the patience and strength I need to keep learning. I thank God every Friday for weekends and time to relax....especially the upcoming two weekends which will be spent on a secluded beach with a book!
Thank you for reading, whomever you may be, and I hope that you take this opportunity to think about the recent events in your life and how God was at work in those events. Take opportunities to thank him.....after all, he deserves it!