Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Friends

Sometimes in our lives, we all have pain, we all have sorrow.
But, if we are wise, we know that there's always tomorrow.
Lean on me, when you're not strong and I'll be your friend.
I'll help you carry on, for it won't be long 'til I'm gonna need somebody
to lean on.
Please swallow your pride, if I have things you need to borrow.
For no one can fill those neds that you won't let show.
You just call on me, sister when you need a hand.
We all need somebody to lean on.
Lean on me when you're not strong, and I'll be your friend.
I'll help you carry on, for it won't be long 'til I'm gonna need somebody to lean on.
You just call on me sister if you need a friend.
We all need somebody to lean on.
I just might have a problem that you'll understand.
We all need somebody to lean on.
If there is a load you have to bear that you can't carry, I'm right up the road.
I'll share your load if you just call me.
Call me (if you need a friend)
Call me, Call me, Call me
"Lean On Me" by Bill Withers
If it seems that I am obsessed with friendship lately, it's because I am! As always, God taught me a lesson in a most unusual way. I have not been able to get the most recent lesson off my mind ever since it happened about 10 days ago. So, bear with me as I unleash the sensitive side of myself in mentioning how dear my true friends are to me, and how much I appreciate them being there for me last week and everyday before that.

I'd love to list each by name on the blog, but for privacy reasons I will not. They all know who they are, and know they can LEAN ON ME any time.

Love!

2 comments:

Corinna Hoffman Photography said...

Nice view, girl!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hello,
I am a current master's journalism student here at the University of Western Ontario in London.
I am currently working on a story about the upcoming edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders and I was
wondering if it would be at all possible for me to talk to you about your journey to recovery from a shopping addiction?


Please let me know if you are able to assist me in my request. I can be reached at mionova@uwo.ca.

Thank you very much and I look forward to speaking to you soon.